Tuesday, August 23, 2011

HOME MADE CRACKERS

Who doesn't love crackers?


As healthy as you can be and I try to keep it for the most part. Once in a while I love to dip some crackers with my Tahini sauce, Hummus dip or even with Guacamole.
So I was thinking about it and an idea came to my mind.
Why don't I make my own version for crackers, so at list I know what they will have inside.
I took the LAVASH bread as so it's called. It is this huge flat bread or what looks like a gigantic pita.
I bought the one that is made from rye flour and has no sugar in it.
I brushed each big peace with olive oil,spread on sesame seeds (again one of my favorite things as you have noticed by now) also organic sea kelp delight seasoning which added a tasty flavor to all and is great for low sodium diets.
After that I used the pizza cuter to cut small pieces out of it.Placed all of it in a tray with parchment paper ,and put it in the oven on 300 for about 10 minutes or so.You need to remove it when it turn crispy yet not brown.
I was surprised that my kids were asking:Mom where did you get does crackers from?

So here you go guys, crackers that don't come from a box with plenty of preservative and added sugars.

JUST MAKE IT YOUR OWN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comment!!